Monday, November 2, 2009

Tyler, deer and Grandpa Pat






Here are pictures of Tyler and his deer (Bucky II). I guess he is a 4 point with eye guards... I just happen to know next to nothing about deer.... but I do enjoy venison. Knowing that your husband has hunted for his family, and you are eating a wild, natural animal is nice. Almost like growing your own vegetables... but not quite! I am not a fan of the blood and guts; that is what Tyler is for!

The kids had a great time with Grandpa Pat. Even though he spent a lot of time out and about looking for the right deer or elk (no luck this time, but maybe next), they still saw him most nights, and seemed to warm up pretty quickly. Ayla looks like she got her big blue eyes from his side of the family (Tyler and I both have greenish eyes)...

No comments: