Monday, April 19, 2010

Green Smoothie Challenge

Here is something I started today. The Green Smoothie Challenge #3 hosted by the Enchanted Chameleon! I thought "what a great way to eat my greens!" And you know what? Even the kids joined me on this one! It is a two week challenge to drink a green smoothie every day. There are many different recipes, and I am excited to try some more.

Our smoothie today was more brown than green; and was pretty darn good!:

2-3 cups spinach
2 cups water
1 cup mixed frozen berries
1 banana

yumm! My hope is that it will help me lose some weight... right now I weigh... gasp... 192. I have lost about 20-25 since Kellen has arrived; not too bad for 6 weeks postpartum. My goal is 145 by October (Mexico trip) we will see!


2 comments:

Jones said...

Very cool! I would love to find a way to sneak some greens into my daughter's diet. It's cute that the kids are participating : )

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

We are on the smoothie train too. You look amazing in your new picture up top there! I'm going to try your smoothie today! I have all of the ingredients and have been looking for a berry one. The first two I tried were okay, but I really think I need some berries in my smoothie! I need sweet! I hope you loose the weight you want to. I'm sure by incorporating more raw into your diet you will be able to!

:)Lisa