Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween!

Well, it's pretty early, we're trying to make an effort to get up before the kids so that we have a little time to prepare! ha! So we get up and make coffee and putter around until 730am or so, and then Ms. Ayla wakes up!
So I had a hard time sleeping last night. I had been trying to finish this story in my book about the foster system, and it was so sad! The girl was barely 19 years old, and had already had 5, yes 5! kids! I cannot imagine! Then they were all taken away and put in foster care also! I am anxious for our paperwork to go through so that we can maybe help out a couple little ones! I know that they never come from good situations, and they always would rather be with their actual parents, but I am willing to do what I can! I hope that we are making the right decisions with our kids being so young, but I believe that we will be able to be realistic in the situations, and decide against it if we can't handle it.
I remember when my parents did foster care when I was 5 and 6 years old, and the kids left such an imprint on me, and I remember hearing their stories and wondering why? Why did these kids have to go through this? And why do so few people choose to help them out? Most, if not all the time, it is not their fault! But, I guess it is easier just to pretend that these problems really don't exist. I really hope we are able to do something.

No comments: