Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's a BOY!!



Kellen Reed was born at 7pm on March 9, 2010. He weighed in at a whopping 8lbs 11oz, and was 20.5 inches long. His head was 14.25cm.... which means he was above average in weight and head circumference! What a sweet boy.
We came into the hospital that morning at 6am; had the water broken at 745am, and waited.

And waited.

The contractions were coming, but would be regular for a while, and then go away. But they were getting stronger. I relaxed in the tub for our planned water birth, and tried to focus on the birth.... thinking it would happen sooner than later!

But by 330pm and no REALLY strong contractions (and only 4cm) we decided to kick it up with a little pitocen (sythetic labor drug)... and low and behold! The contractions started up! AT 550pm, I was 6cm dilated and they were getting pretty intense (to say the least!).

By 650pm(ish) I was ready to push. He came into this world pretty peacefully into the big tub, and I got to pull him up to my chest and exclaim, "It's a boy!"
Recovery has been great so far, and at this moment Kellen is cuddled up with his Daddy while Tyler is reading his book! All in all, an absolutely wonderful experience; thanks to wonderful doctor and awesome nurses!

10 comments:

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful, special day for you! Blessings to you, your baby, and happy family!
:: patty-jean via vintage swap

Danielle said...

SO happy for you all. He looks like Colton. What do the kids think of him? I can't wait to hold him. Love you, kiss them all for Auntie.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kellen is a great name and he is perfect! I love the looks on the kids face as they come bearing gifts! Thanks for sharing - you must be doing great! Take care, Angie

aebhlin said...

Oh Brooke - he is beautiful! I am tearing up just reading your post and looking at your beautiful boy! Thanks for shsring snf take good care - I only wish we were closer so I could come over and help (read: come over and snuggle the sweet newborn).

Jones said...

Congratulations! He is precious and Kellen is such a handsome name!

Anonymous said...

CONGRAT!!!! We are soooo happy for you! I showed Quin your pictures and she keeps saying that she can't wait to see your new baby. She misses Colten and Ayla and can't wait to see all of you again soon. Talk care, and again, Congratulations to you all.
:-) Angie, Travis, Quin and Trent Tennison

Jill said...

I think your right, he does look like Colton. He's so cute. Let me know if you need me to watch your kids so you can take a nap. PLEASE call and ask, you know you can.

M Smith said...

He's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations Brooke!

Heather said...

Oh Brooke, congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you. Enjoy this beautiful babymoon with you little one. Many blessings to you.

aware said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful :)