Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Some things for the littles

These are a couple things I have been working on in the last few weeks... and there are even more to come, however crazy that sounds! Little babe has not made an appearance as of yet, but my parents are coming to stay with us, starting today, so maybe that peace of mind will send me into labor?

I found this pattern in what is quickly becoming one of my favorite books to get little people patterns from:: Meg McElwee's Growing Up Sew Liberated. I absolutely love how it turned out! It is in a 0-6 month size, and it looks a little big around the neck, but I think it will do just fine! The little pilot hats are from Meg's website, and were so easy to make (once I had all the necessary materials), and I made two for us and one for cousin Elin.

And these are the pants I made for baby Elin. The moment we found out she was a "she" I set to work on these.  I love them. And I hope Elin's mommy does too. (I know they are pink on one side, but it is a cute polka dotty pink!)

Hope everyone's Wednesday is going well.
Anything particularly inspiring out there?
Yesterday, during our science expedition on our walk, the kids had such a great time finding the differences in trees! They happily ran to each tree, and said how the bark was soft or rough, the leaves were big or small, pokey or flat, etc. It was a great "lesson" and I felt like we learned something, even it was just observations. (School is going great for now, by the way!)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

they are super cute...Elin's mama like them! We pulled Aiden out of school, and we're going to put him into pre-school 2 days a week. He just wasn't emotionally ready.