Thursday, November 17, 2011

So Thankful

These are my people, and I love them so!

Being November, the month of Thanksgiving, I am going to try to reinstate Thankful Thursdays. There are oh, so many things to be thankful for. Sometimes this is hard to remember when your days are filled with much of the same, day in and day out; but at this time in my life, I am slowly realizing that it is all about the little things. Hopefully there will be time for "bigger" things in the future, but right now, I need to practice being present and marveling at all the things that happen. So here goes::

:: thankful for chocolate. My mother in law made some awesome chocolate truffles while she was here last week, and I have been eating like five a day. At least!
:: the weather! I can't believe I am saying that, but I am so thankful that it is at least feasible to get the kids in their sweaters and socks (and other paraphernalia) and go out for a walk!
:: husbands. Well, mine in particular! Without him, I would be a mess. Truly, a mess.
:: good friends with good ideas. Enough said.
:: baby carriers. Like this one and this one. My favorite. I have so many carriers, it is not even funny! One of these days, I will do a blog post about carriers and the good, the bad and the ugly! And two of them I have made, and those are pretty awesome too.
:: Coca-Cola from Mexico. You know, the kind with real sugar in it? The best! And in a bottle.
:: Timers. The kids are really loving the new timers from Ikea... and so do I.
:: Dinner in the afternoon, or Linner as we call it. Tyler is on swings right now, so he heads to work at 230pm, and doesn't get to come home for dinner. So instead of making dinner nightly for me and the rugrats, we decided to have dinner mid-day. Today was the first day, and I think I like it.
:: family. I truly love my family. The six of us are pretty awesome together. I can't wait to see what comes next for us.
:: my extended family. They are pretty awesome too. Such a great support from afar. My parents have been with us for the birth of each of our babes... that is pretty cool. And the other parents come soon after!
:: vacations! I am pretty excited for our Florida vacation coming up in December! Even with the plane ride with four kids and lugging four carseats... I think it will be awesome!

So what are you thankful for? There really are so many things to just give credit to... I will try to keep this up!

No comments: