Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Earflaps and Booties

I have finally finished a couple things for the babe that is to be here soon... and I couldn't be happier with how they turned out! The booties and hat are from the book, Knitting for Baby: 30 Heirloom Projects. I love this book, and have so many things I want to make, but narrowed it down to these for now! I chose this green, because it is one of my favorite colors, and pretty neutral for a baby, either boy or girl.

The swaddler is from the book, Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby. I got this book from the library, and LOVE it! Such simple projects that are easy to read and easy to put together. This turned out better than I thought, and I just love the little sea horse, and I finally practiced a little embroidery... love.


4 comments:

Jones said...

I LOVE that seahorse! It looks so adorable and your stitches are so even!

Amy said...

Very cute!

Mountaintop Mama said...

Sweet lil' projects... they turned out so beautifully! I'm sure you are so excited and feeling pretty ready! Sending much love ~ Nicole

Unknown said...

I love that color green! And the sea horse is just adorable!
I also wanted to let you know that we changed our One Small Change Project to this link http://1smallchangeblog.blogspot.com/
when you get a chance, feel free to change the link you have on your blog as it is now going to a dead link (sorry for the extra work, but I think things are finally working out!)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Suzy