Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm back!

I have missed this place! Sorry for the extended vacation. It hasn't really been a vacation for us. Well.. we drove to Oregon the weekend before Thanksgiving. Colton had a fever/cold thing with an ear infection and was some antibiotics, Ayla had a cold, and everyone was fine when we left home... by the time we got to Oregon, all the kids were sick with fevers and cold/cough. We ended up staying the night in Pasco, and in the middle of the night, Kellen was miserable, so I walked him out in the cold to try to get his breathing better and cool him down. Not fun!

We made it to Oregon, spread our disease and Tyler tried to find an elk to shoot, but did not find any legal ones.

We did get to spend the holiday week with family; Roxanne was our hostess (who we got sick and whatnot) but she baked cookies with the kids, and prepared a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for us. We also went over to the other Grandparents for actual Thanksgiving and had fun there too. We only got 2 people sick there (that we know of). And my parents and sister and her husband drove to Astoria for Friday and hung out with us.

So not a wasted trip.

But we are home and that is good. Next week I go in for reconstructive knee surgery. ACL is gone in my right knee, and my meniscus is torn in two spots and I have some arthritis like stuff on my cartilage... I will be on crutches for a bit; and in a brace for 5ish weeks. But... alas, it must be done.

I am trying to get all my Christmas stuff in order before the big day so that I don't have much to do but knit stuff after the surgery... we will see how I do.

Hopefully I will be back here before long, and keep you guys updated.

Here are a few photos from our trip (our camera battery did die right before Thanksgiving day, so only a bit are here)



No comments: