Saturday, August 6, 2011

While we were away...

The kids and I just got back from vacation in Oregon. We left Tyler at home to fend for himself, and we visited lots of family for 3 weeks.
This was the first year that the older two kids were left with the grandparents overnight for more than one night! They had a blast!! It is amazing how well they behave without us there to supervise (or so I am told!) Kellen and I headed to the Portland area and bonded (he is now a COMPLETE mama's boy!) and hung out with my sister, Leecia; one of my best friends, Jaime and family; and my parents out at our old house in Boring. We had lots of fun.

Meanwhile, Tyler was back in Texas slaving away in some oppressive heat! He worked most days and then in the evening he would ... golf! There were even a couple days that he golfed twice in a 12 hour period. That is a lot of golf!! But he also managed to get a lot of projects done around the house... 3 bathrooms were painted; one table with 4 chairs were cleaned (and this was major) sanded, primed and painted and then distressed ... I absolutely LOVE the table and chairs!
He also painted two bookcases (which he said was the most work, because they required many coats of yellow); and the outdoor furniture got a touch up too.

That was my honey-do list... and he did every single thing! I guess that is what you get when you don't have TV in the house.

I love this man, for more than just being the best husband ever!!!

I have to admit that I thought he might forget to eat without us here, so thank you so much to a couple neighbors and friends for feeding him while I was gone! I am proud to announce he did not loose any weight (that is a feat all in itself).

Pictures of our trip might be a little while in coming.... I did not bring a camera with us, and had to use a couple disposable ones. Patience is key.

No comments: