Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hippie-ish

So, I went for a walk last night, while Tyler was putting the kids to bed. Recently, someone had mentioned that they were the hippie of their family. And I had answered, "Yeah, Me too!"
But what makes me a hippie? I mulled this over, and of course the obvious came to mind ::

*I recycle
*I use cloth diapers (and when I don't, I use chlorine free diapers)
*I try to buy organic food, and clothing when possible
*I try to find and buy from companies within the US (not sure if this qualifies, but it sounds good)

etc, etc...

Then, I thought "but why does that make me a "hippie" per se?"

<>

Because I think, and truly believe, that everyone should do these things!

And a light came on, and I figured that THAT was exactly why I am a so called hippie.

This Earth was meant for us to live on, but SO MANY people take advantage of our dwindling resources (it is pathetic).
Some people use God to hide behind; some just use laziness. And think "what does it matter if I do these things, it won't change anything".

But if everyone even did one of those things I listed that makes me a "hippie" we would actually see a difference. And I truly believe this.

And here is the definition of HIPPIE (per wikipedia) Noun: (esp. in the 1960s) A person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair and wearing beads, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

I guess I am not a hippie after all!

HaHa! :)

No comments: