Thursday, April 5, 2012

A container garden








We decided to make a garden this year, right after we found out we were staying part of the summer here. with inspiration from both Pinterest and the Austin getaway, this is what we came up with:: a pallet planter for some greenery and a livestock water tub for our veggies!
Here in military housing, you can not just plant a garden, so we decided to buy the container so it can move with us, hopefully :)
The kids had great fun helping fill the tubs, as you can imagine. The pallet was a little tougher than imagined because the dirt kept falling out. A friend suggested using chicken wire to help with this.... but you first reposition the boards in front to how you want them, then staple landscaping fabric to the back and bottom... I LOVE it!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I had seen that same thing on Pinterest, and I think that it is awesome that you created it! It looks wonderful.

Brooke said...

Thanks, Heather! I really LOVE it! I think it turned out perfect, and everytime I come home and see it on the porch, I smile. And that is what it is all about, right?