Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted for the first time!

Of course, I didn't vote today, but I did vote about 2 weeks ago by mail in vote, and it seemed very empowering! I have never voted, and not because I didn't want to or because I didn't have an opinion, but mostly because I felt like MY vote really wouldn't matter. How wrong I was, and how I realize that now. Because I know I probably wasn't the only one who felt like this and decided not to vote, so when you add them all together, it could be thousands, or tens of thousands of people! How exciting to be a part of this particular election! And to call this one my first... I know I will always remember this.
So I watched Oprah today, and I shed a couple tears I have to admit! They had people on the show who had just received their citizenship and this was their first time voting. And just seeing the pride in their faces for actually being able to vote was overpowering! To take this right for granted seems so shallow and wrong to me now! Wow!
Well, here is another thing, please check out this website and see what you think... mamatomama.org It is an interesting and helpful way to at least feel useful doing some sewing! Such a good cause to help save babies. Good luck! Hope everyone got out to vote for our next President!

No comments: