Monday, November 17, 2008

Making hats



Well, lately in my spare time I have been trying to finish up my hats for the mama to mama project. It is such a great thing to do, and I have been having fun doing it, even though my sewing machine isn't exactly the best thing, and I really wish I had a serger! Maybe someday! But I plan to make about 20 hats and hopefully 2 receiving blankets to send to Maine for kits that they send to Haiti for newborns there. I hope they help someone.
So we have been as a family keeping track of our spending so we could see where our money goes, and we found that it is amazing how much money we spend on food! It seems like we are buying something that pertains to food everyday! How does that happen? We have enough food in the house? Why are we always buying more, even when we don't need it? But it is hard to get in the mindset that food is just to nourish our bodies. We do not need to eat extravagant meals or anything, and we do not need dessert everyday, even though I may think so! So I am trying to convert to a different mindset... not just to save us money, but so that we are more conscious of what we actually do eat and what we waste.
It was so cute this last week when I was sick and aching, the kids found more time to come and snuggle with me! It was so sweet, but sometimes they would fight for the best spot!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I just want to say I'm glad you decided to stop slacking on this blog. It's not like you have anything else to do ;)!! I really like your new carrier, it's beautiful (I don't know if I told you that yet) but it is. Love the colors. We can't wait to see you guys next week. Aiden is really excited.