Friday, April 10, 2009

And the end comes so soon...

What a cutie!

The kids showing too much love to Noah!

Colton warming up to the little man...

Ayla "helping" feed Noah...

Today was our last day with little Noah. And although I kind of pushed him getting placed with family faster than normal, I was unsure of how to really feel today. On one hand, I felt a weight lifted off of me from the enormous responsibility of taking care of someone else's precious little one; and on the other hand, I felt a bit of a loss. Noah was such a typical little boy with giggles and smiles most of the time (spit up and crying the rest :) ). So it has been a mixed bag.
However, he did go to a relative that also has small children, so I am happy that he has people who care!
We said our goodbyes, and he left as quick as he came... 4 weeks sure goes by fast! After he had left, we packed up the two kiddoes and headed for a picnic in the park... Colton and Ayla LOVED it. And it was pretty easy only having two. Ayla got some new Croc's (fake ones) that she decided she wouldn't take off until bedtime... they are bright pink and brown - really cute!

Ayla and Colton were transferring the last of our snow to the dump truck to transport to the middle of the yard to melt... in their underwear! It has been so beautiful here and the kids have been outside just loving it!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I can't believe we are finally into spring. I'm still getting used to seeing all these outside pictures!

Amy said...

I'm sure that the day was very hard for you. Take comfort in knowing that you provided him a safe place to land for a few weeks :)