Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Book Club

My friend, Jill and I have started a book club here in Kalispell. So far we are on our 2nd book, and I have reserved our third one. Our first book was "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson; which I thought was really good, although there was a little too much every day stuff, and not enough of the results (if you read it, you probably know what I mean). Our discussion was very nice and civil, with some of the readers liking it and some not so much.
Jill picked our second book, "Water for elephants" by Sara Gruen, has been a really interesting book for me. It is a story about a circus act back in the day when they came into town on a train, and a very intriguing, interesting inner story that goes along with it. I was definitely pleasantly surprised when I finished this book and how much I enjoyed it.
I picked our next book to be "The Tenth Circle" by Jody Picoult. I am unsure about the storyline, but I think it is about a teenage girl who is date-raped. Sad, but a definite scenario in today's society. I am hoping the other readers in the group are okay with this selection. Most of us have daughters so I figured it might be interesting to all.
Currently, I am reading the first book in the "Twilight" series. I am for some reason captivated by the story, and find myself unable to put it down! Ughhh!
Happy Wednesday... I really need to go clean my house a little bit! Ha, Ha!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

HA HAA HAA....Twilight has you in it's spell... soon you will find yourself at the movie hoping no one you know notices you as you watch with teenage girls-a-giggling! Don't say I didn't warn you.

Brooke said...

Is that what you did, Danielle? Ha Ha

Danielle said...

yep. Luckily I had two friend who had also read all the books and were under their spell so I wasn't alone...