Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hot Cocoa days...



How I long for the Spring, but it is so elusive here in Montana (for the two winters we have been here for). My excuses for not working out pile up like unopened mail on the bookshelf! I keep saying "as soon as it is warm enough to not freeze my butt off, I will work my butt off!" Ha... well, if I really do intend on running a half marathon (13.1 miles!) then I better start running in the near future!
So while we wait for warm(er) spring days to replace the cold (burr) winter days, we have a good excuse to drink warm drinks, like coffee (with Bailey's) or hot chocolate for the kids. I just found a homemade recipe for hot chocolate that tastes REALLY good, actually may be better than the store stuff....

Makes about 92 (yes, that is right, 92) 8 oz. servings!

3 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/4 cups cocoa
2 TB salt

milk for serving

to make:
whisk everything together (the dry stuff) in a big bowl and store in airtight container.

mix 2 TB of mix to one cup of warm/hot milk.

Delicious! I got this from the Martha Stewart website (thanks, Martha!)

We have been loving it. Especially since Colton has been sick :( Poor little guy woke up in the middle of the night a couple days ago with a HORRIBLE sounding cough (croup is what it probably is) but the cough at night is gone, but fever is still here and just not as active as usual. He did however manage to go potty on the potty chair again! Yeah Colton! He was bribed with a lollipop, which worked wonders.
Well, hopefully everyone is having a great week, and not too much snow.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thanks for the hot chocolate recipe. Just today I vowed to stop buying the huge Costco containers of it.